Our Renovation Road
What will the Library look like in 2018?
In 2014, the Board of Trustees adopted a three to five year Renovation Plan to address these critical areas of need:
- Preserve the architectural heritage and warm, welcoming presence of the historic building;
- Modernize the aging mechanical and environmental infrastructure for energy efficiency and ensure the building’s structural integrity into the future;
- Improve traffic flow and reduce distraction in the Main Reading Room by creating a new, accessible entrance and vestibule;
- Update the interior with a variety of comfortable and flexible meeting spaces and furnishings - from intimate discussions to a large conference room with state of the art technology for videoconferencing;
- Renovate to make all parts of the building easily accessible to all;
- Enhance the library’s technology resources to support current and future technological advances.